Enterprise Nation: How to start and grow a food and drink business
How to start and grow a food and drink business
As part of the Clicks and Mortar campaign opening shops across the UK and filling them with small businesses, Enterprise Nation will also be running events to help local businesses grow online and offline. Join us for half a day to hear how to start and grow a food and drink business, both online and off.
You'll hear from buyers and food and drink experts and entrepreneurs covering topics from raising money to scaling production, building a brand and selling well online as well as on the High Street.
This event marks a dedicated food and drink fortnight in the Clicks and Mortar shop in St David’s Centre, Cardiff, and is supported by the Welsh government food and drink network.
- Hear from experts and entrepreneurs from the food and drink industry
- Meet food and drink buyers
- Cover topics from raising money to scaling production
- Learn how to build a brand online and on the High Street
10.00am: Welcome from Enterprise Nation and Welsh government
10.10am: Getting your house in order: Having the right certification and financial support
- Raj Burman, Head of SME, growth accelerator and partnerships, GS1
- Bonnie Joplin, SALSA
- Lee Bradley & Sara Dennis, Bevan Buckland accountants
10.40am: How I made it with Kate Jenkins, Gower Cottage Brownies
Kate Jenkins, founder of Gower Cottage Brownies talks through her 10 year journey of building a successful business and offers her top tips.
11.10am: The secrets to selling in a pop-up!
A panel of food and drink businesses selling in Clicks and Mortar Cardiff join us to reveal the secrets of successfully selling in a pop-up shop.
12.00pm: How to scale your food and drink business
Rhys Jones, CEO of Visionary Food Solutions, shares his top tips on scaling your food and drink business.
12.30pm: Meet the buyer
Hear from food and drink buyers as to what they look for when selecting new products
1.00pm: Next steps to growth
- Clive Brazier, CEO, The Food Agency
- Stuart Gates, former managing director, Fortnum & Mason and head of Harrods food
1.30pm: Event ends
TICKETS: £25 – £28.75
- Event date:
- Event time:
- Event location:
BizSpace 05 Fitzalan Place Cardiff CF24 0ED